We are an independent, non-denominational church community dedicated to helping people discover, surrender to, and serve Jesus Christ. We are not affiliated with any other Christian movement, ministry, or organization. Throughout human history, many have rejected God’s plan of salvation and chosen to live lives separated from Jesus. But God always provided for those who embraced in faith the message and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. This faithful group- the remnant- remains committed to obeying God’s Word regardless of societal pressures, cultural expectations, or personal risk. In fact, God often seems to do big things through a small group of faithful followers. At Remnant Church of Sarasota, we are committed to fully experiencing the transforming power of Jesus through total surrender to our Lord. If you are ready to allow God to reshape and transform you, we invite you to join us.
To help people discover, surrender to, and serve Jesus Christ.
We help people discover Jesus. The “discover” side of our mission statement breaks down into two components:
- We are to go to the unchurched and hurting in our neighborhoods, marketplaces, and schools with the love and acceptance of Jesus Christ.
- We are to invite them to experience and receive God’s grace and forgiveness through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Once people discover Jesus, we help them to surrender to Him. The “surrender” side of our mission statement breaks down into two components:
- We are to nurture Christ-followers to spiritual, physical, and emotional health.
- We are to train Christ-followers to their full potential by providing them the tools and skills necessary for life transformation.
Once people are fully surrendered to Jesus, we then lead them to a life of serving Him. The “serve” side of our mission statement breaks down into two components:
- We are to equip Christ-followers to identify and use their spiritual gifts, passions, abilities, personalities, and experiences to build up the church.
- We are to send fully-devoted Christ-followers out to impact their world for Christ.
Remnant’s Core Values
- We believe that lost people matter to God and, therefore, ought to matter to all believers.
- We believe that the Church should be true to the Word of God before being culturally relevant.
- We believe that every believer should strive to grow in the Spirit and become a replicating disciple.
- We believe that followers of Jesus surrender and sit under the Word of God rather than standing over God’s Word trying to make it say what we want it to say.
- We believe that all believers are to share the salvation message of Jesus with others: first through our actions, and then through our words.
- We believe that anointed, biblical teaching is the catalyst for life-change in individuals and the Church.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit should direct, guide, and lead every aspect of our lives, including the development and deployment of our spiritual gifts.
- We believe that we worship God through every aspect of our lives, not just in our services.
- We believe that excellence honors God and inspires people.
- We believe that maturity in the faith occurs through the Holy Spirit as He works in the context of mentoring relationships, small group experiences, and corporate gatherings.